National Academy of Broadcasting and Multimedia (An apex training institution of Prasar Bharati)
National Academy of Broadcasting and Multimedia, the apex in-house training institution of Prasar Bharati, was established in 1948. Previously known as Staff Training Institute (Technical), NABM primarily caters to the training needs of personnel of All India Radio & Doordarshan. With its headquarters and a comprehensively equipped academy in Delhi, NABM also has three regional academies in Bhubaneshwar (Odisha), Shillong (Meghalaya) & Mumbai (Maharashtra) to cater to the regional training requirements.
Functions of NABM:-
The academy conducts about 120 courses every year and trains around 1,600 engineering personnel. Officials from broadcasting organisations of neighbouring countries are also invited as participants in academy’s training programmes.
Primary functions of NABM are:-
- To train raw recruits in broadcasting technology.
- To upgrade skills of personnel in tune with emerging technologies.
- To issue training related guidelines and content
- To assist the staff in their career growth
Apart from the primary functions, the academy has the responsibility to carry out the following activities:
- Conducting Departmental Competitive Examinations
- Conducting Direct Recruitment Examinations
- Preparing and updating Technical Manuals
- Preparing Safety Manuals
- Preparation of Technical Monographs
- Publication of Newsletter