National Academy of Broadcasting and Multimedia (An apex training institution of Prasar Bharati)
National Academy of Broadcasting and Multimedia was established in 1948 and, over the years, has grown to a comprehensively staffed and equipped Academy in a premise sprawling over an area of about 20,000 sq meters in Delhi.Earlier it was known as Staff Training Institute (Technical).Three well-equipped regional Academies are also functioning at Bhuvaneshwar (Orissa), Shillong (Meghalaya) & Mumbai (Maharashtra) to cater to the needs of regional training requirements.
Functions of NABM:-
National Academy of Broadcasting and Multimedia is the apex in-house training Academy of All India Radio & Doordarshan, primarily catering to the training needs of engineering personnel of All India Radio & Doordarshan. The Academy conducts about 120 courses every year and trains around 1,600 engineering personnel. Officials from broadcasting organizations of some neighbouring developing countries are regular participants in the academy’s training programmes.
Main functions of National Academy of Broadcasting and Multimedia are:
- To mould raw recruits into broadcasting technology
- To upgrade the skills of personnel in tune with emerging technology
- To bring out training related material
- To assist in career growth of the staff.
Apart from the main functions of imparting training, the academy has the responsibility to carry out the following activities:
- Conducting Departmental Competitive Examinations
- Conducting Direct Recruitment Examination
- Preparing and updating Technical Manuals
- Preparing Safety Manuals
- Preparation of Technical Monographs
- Publication of Newsletter