Home / Corporate / Mission
Mission & Objectives
The major objectives of the Prasar Bharati Corporation as laid out in the Prasar Bharati Act, 1990 are as follows:
- To uphold the unity and integrity of the country and the values enshrined in the Constitution.
- To safeguard the citizen’s right to be informed freely, truthfully and objectively on all matters of public interest, national or international, and to present a fair and balanced flow of information including contrasting views without advocating any opinion or ideology of its own.
- To promote national integration.
- To pay special attention to the fields of education and spread of literacy, agriculture, rural development, environment, health & family welfare and science & technology.
- To create awareness about women’s issues and take special steps to protect the interests of children, aged and other vulnerable sections of the society.
- To provide adequate coverage to diverse cultures, sports and games and youth affairs.
- To promote social justice, safeguarding the rights of working classes, minorities and tribal communities.
- To promote research and expand broadcasting faculties & development in broadcast technology.