Home / Corporate / R & D
ALL INDIA RADIO & DOORDARSHAN
- Established in April 1937 with the aim:
- Carry out Propagation Studies for scientific planning of Broadcasting services in India.
- Investigate problems pertaining to operation, maintenance and development of broadcasting in India.
- Research and Development.
- Paving way for Introduction of latest Technology in Indian Broadcasting.
- Initially started its activities from Akashwani Bhawan situated at Sansad Marg, New Delhi.
- In 1965 got its own building at I.P. Estate, Ring Road, New Delhi.
- Research Department is a four floor building having Research Laboratories & other supporting facilitation.
- International Monitoring and Receiving Centre at Todapur.
- Development of Low Cost DTH, DVB-T2 and Customized Radio Receivers.
- Propagation studies related to DRM, DVB-T2, FM & AM and Satellite Radio and Interferences in Satellite TV.
- Web Based telemetry system for MW/FM transmitters.
- Test and Evaluations of Emerging Acoustic Materials.
- Development of Scalable Video Wall Solutions.
- 24X7 Broadcast Signal Monitoring of MW,SW,FM and DRM transmissions at IMRC, Todapur, Delhi.
- Development of High Power FM Antenna.
- Monitoring of “Doordarshan 25 Must Carry Channels” at various Private Platforms.
Role of R&D
- To Research & Develop Broadcast equipment for induction in AIR & Doordarshan network.
- To assist AIR / Doordarshan directorates in the framing of Technical Standards/specifications for broadcast products, services and networks.
- To evaluate and test broadcast equipment to be introduced in the AIR / Doordarshan Stations / Kendras.
- To commercially exploit R&D expertise particularly in the area of Acoustics, Propagation studies, Transmitting Antenna, Telemetry and Studio Automation.
- To investigate operational problems of AIR stations/ Doordarshan Kendras and providing solutions.
Equipment, Systems and Services Introduced in AIR & DD Network
- M Transmission Manager, Digital Consoles. Audio Routing Switcher, RN Terminal, Test Signal Generation, UHF-TV Transmitting antenna, TV demodulator, Logo Generation, Computer based Sports Score Display System, News Room Automations System, FM Antennas.
- Synchronization of non Co-sited HF Transmitters, Phone in Programme service, AIR and DD on Internet, Radio On Demand Service, Interactive Radio Service (IRS), Test and Evaluation of acoustic material & transducers.
- Telemetry system for FM, MW and LPTV Transmitters, AM transmission Manager, Radio News Room Automation system, Low Power FM Antenna, Web based Telemetry system for MW/FM Transmitter, Remote Control and Monitoring of VLPTs, etc.
|Sr No.||Name||Designation||Landline No (O)||E-mail ID|
|1||Mrs. Anuradha Agarwal||ADG (E)||email@example.com|
|2||Sh. Shabih Hyder||DDG (E)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|3||Ms. Navneet Kaur||DDG (E)||email@example.com|
|4||Sh. Rajesh Babu||DEfirstname.lastname@example.org|
Research Department, Prasar Bharati
14-B, Ring Road, IP Estate, New Delhi, Delhi 110002