Home / Prasar Bharati Board / Shri D.P.S Negi
Off. Tel.:- +91-11-23118808
Shri D.P.S Negi
Member (Finance), Prasar Bharati,
Ministry of Information & Broadcasting, Government of India.
Shri D.P.S Negi, an Indian Economic Service Officer of the 1985 batch, has been appointed as Member (Finance) in the largest public broadcaster of the country, under the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, Government of India, which is a tribute to the dynamism and leadership demonstrated by Shri D.P.S Negi in his illustrious career spanning of more than 36 years.
Shri D.P.S Negi, has displayed exceptional leadership abilities and has been a pioneer of change and reform in all the departments he has served. His leadership abilities have been displayed most effortlessly as well as effectively in the various roles and assignments.
During his career, across various Ministries and Departments, Shri Negi has been awarded with various accolades and achievements and some of the iconic ones are:
- Shri D.P.S. Negi, Principal Advisor, Ministry of Labour & Employment has just superannuated on 30th November, 2021 and therealong with other duties of the Ministry assigned to him, he was also looking after the full time charge of Chief Labour Commissioner (Central), through which maintained industrial harmony, peace and welfare of both organised and unorganised workers also. He was also DG, Labour Bureau for more than one year where he has transformed the functioning of Labour Bureau, brought in many forward looking reforms in the labour sector and collection of information by way of use of modern techniques and IT enabled tools so that Government makes data driven policies in the country. His major contribution there is to start the 5 All India Surveys viz., All India Survey on Domestic Workers, All India Survey on Migrant Workers, All India Quarterly Establishment based Employment Survey, All India Survey on employment generated by professionals and All India Survey on employment in transport sector. Out of these, 3 of the surveys have already started the field work and a huge data gap will be filled in the country. Besides, Mr. Negi has been credited with leading the Social Media campaign after synchronisation of the acts to amalgamate into the 4 codes in September 2020 when labour codes were passed, he was solely responsible to showcase labour reforms at Rajpath during Republic Day Celebration on 26th January 2021 by successfully designing the concept in “Tableau” form which was appreciated by one & all at National & International level apart from various other proactive reforms in the labour sector in India and was in-charge of Media in Ministry of Labour & Employment.
- During his more than a year stint as Chief Labour Commissioner (Central), major reconciliations were held in his leadership and wage settlement agreement between Manganese Ore (India) Limited and the workers Union was signed which has helped more than 6000 workers in one go for a period of 10 years i.e. 2017-2027 and management agreed to pay Rs.242 crores in one go. Due to his hard work & management qualities, major conciliation was done i.e. corporatization of Ordinance Factory which resulted in deferment of All India Strike of 1 lakh employees in the month of September-October, 2020 and eventually led to corporatization of OFB into 7 entities by Union Cabinet in June, 2021 and strikes of Air India, Power Grid and other PSUs were deferred due to his pro-active intervention at the right time.
- As Advisor Finance (MSME), a post he served between Dec 2016-June 2020, he always exceeded and improved spending while also exercising due diligence and prudence.
- As Chief Executive Officer in the National Buildings Organization, Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs, during 2006-2014, he facilitated and led projects worth Rs. 1,20,000 crore towards creation of housing for all along with infrastructure facilities, while also leading several path breaking initiatives such as:
- The Real Estate (Regulation & Development) Bill tabled in Rajya Sabha to become the RERA, 2016.
- “Housing Start Up Index” (HSUI), making India the 7th country in the world to have this index.
- Street Vendors Bill, passed in the year 2014 by the Parliament.
- “Socio-Economic Caste Census-2011” for urban areas.
- For the first time in country, Urban Housing shortage was calculated & report prepared.
- As Director (Finance & Budget), MTNL, Ministry of Telecommunications, Shri D.P.S Negi, was responsible for getting MTNL listed in New York Stock Exchange and also launching the name “Virtual Calling Card (VCC)”.
- As Regional Director, National Savings Organisation, Ministry of Finance, he initiated “Kalpavriksh” which led to increase of small savings from Rs. 120 crore in the year 1991 to Rs. 2500 crore in the year 1997.
- Shri D.P.S Negi is also recipient of a number of awards, which include an award for Outstanding Performance in the field of Small Savings in India and the Small Savings Ratna Award by the Government of Delhi.
Besides being a reformer and an achiever, Shri D.P.S Negi has always been a leader, mentor and guide to his team members and has been known to be a great motivator and a compassionate human being, always willing to extend a helping hand to the deserving and needy.